Monday, July 17, 2006

Um...Still Depressed


I haven't posted much lately. The reason is that I'm still down, still depressed about the miserable summer "Passions" is having.

What idiot consultant told the writers to give the show more action and adventure? More mystery and fun?

Look, we don't necessarily want more romance or action or witchcraft or break-ups. What we want are scripts that make sense. If you don't have that, you don't have anything.

I think the absolute nadir of the whole series was the lesbian attack. What a fucking mess. So Simone knows where all the lesbian bars in Rome are, huh? And she walks into one, finds a Melissa Etheridge impersonator, and gets a whole troop of lesbians to fight a man they've never met. Sure.

When I saw that, I wished the show had been cancelled beforehand, to spare us all the agony.

And it just keeps getting worse. Everything bad that happens anywhere in the world goes back to Alistair. Okay. *Yawn*

The thing about Alistair hiding Chad's parentage didn't even make sense! He did it to keep Eve and Julian apart? Sure. Try not to think too much about it.

I'm hoping that this miserable Rome adventure ends soon and that the show returns to some kind of watchableness. But I keep thinking this might be the new normal. Jeez, I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Site Counter

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.