Wednesday, April 19, 2006

F for Vendetta


You have to give the "Passions" creators credit -- right? -- for the current Vendetta storyline. Don't you? I mean, for once they're doing something fun and spooky that has nothing to do with a complicated love affair. Several characters are plunging into a centuries-old mystery that will take them around the world and perhaps expose some explosive secrets. This is the kind of thing "Passions" should do more often, so you have to give them some credit, right?

Sure, but not too much. They're cheating in a lot of ways to make this come together quickly. Alistair keeps a roomful of secret documents below the Book Cafe? What? And instead of pouring through those documents, Simone and Paloma get hung up on a symbol. What planet is this happening on?

Then there's Whitney, who apparently checked her brain at the door when she became a novice. Why would she blindly trust this mysterious hooded man who walked through the wall? And don't even get me started on that alleged "disguise" they gave her yesterday. Jeez.

It's all a crazy rush to get every character to Italy, but the groundwork wasn't done. This mystery doesn't make any sense. There were no clues to lead Simone and Paloma to Italy; they just decided to go. Then they conveniently found a box of money. I'd like to go to France. Let me look around for my box of dough.

Through it all, I find that what bothers me most is that so-called mysterious symbol. It's an omega. Look, it has a name. Could someone please call it by name?

Other thoughts: Check out NBC.com's "Passions" section for some new quizzes. I took the year 1 and 2 quiz and got 16 out of 24. Post your scores here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melanie C said...

The Catholic church is in Italy...sort-of.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Harmony Troy said...

Sure, that's where Vatican City is located. But what do they do when they get there? It's a lot of ground to cover. I have no doubt that they'll magically find exactly the clues they need, but shouldn't they have some kind of plan before they leave?

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually I love the movie ripoffs, but the fact that this is a three month long Da Vinci code ripoff just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Anyways... I don't know of you've been keeping up, but a lot of the information about this storyline can only be found through the Passions Vendetta website. Simone and Paloma found blueprints for the Vatican and other things, and that's why they're all going.

It doesn't make much sense to me to lay all the groundwork online- it's fun for the people who actually keep up, but my guess is most Passions fans don't.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Harmony Troy said...

Oh, is that it -- there's crucial information in the online story. I knew it was there, but I just can't get into something like that. I'm surprised that they're putting so much crucial info online that the TV story doesn't make sense.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really makes no sense to me either- in the online story, the monk stabbed Father Lonnigan, who is now essentially on his death bed (or as close to a Passions character can truly be) and I don't think it's even been mentioned on the show. God knows we can't waste precious airtime on Father Lonnigan when we could use to it have Theresa and Gwen fight over Ethan some more.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Harmony Troy said...

So the online story is more interesting than the TV story? Great, now I'm jealous.

I think I could get into the alternate storyline more if the chapters were e-mailed to me. That might work. I can't get into visiting Web pages with video ads for hair products. It takes me out of the story.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Site Counter

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.