Thursday, December 08, 2005

Too Silly?


I've been getting a feeling with the latest Theresa storyline that I rarely get with "Passions." This is just too silly, too ridiculous.

Now, the ridiculousness is why we love "Passions." We love Tabitha's backfiring spells, Sheridan's several visits to the Pearly Gates, and, of course, Theresa's twisted obsession. But can even "Passions" cross the line?

I think so. This coma thing feels less like the writers trying to tell an engaging story than them trying to find one more bizarre thing for Theresa to do. It's got to be hard to top the embryo-stealing. She should still be in jail for that one.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too hard on a show that's only trying to be fun and outrageous, but I think "Passions" gets in trouble when it gets too cartoony and unbelievable. And the Ethan-napping has me rolling my eyes.

Another Track: Today's picture comes from my new favorite site, Passionate: A Passions Photo Gallery. Check it out.

Yet Another Track: Endora is so darn cute! What a charmer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Cureboy said...

Does anybody else feel sorry for Little Ethan? Not because he's Theresa's son and not because Alistair is taking him under his wing. But because they always call him Little Ethan.

Alistair seriously thinks Little Ethan is going to be the new head of the Crane Dynasty. He seriously thinks that every person in the world will one day tremble when the hear the name "Little Ethan Crane"

11:41 PM  
Blogger Harmony Troy said...

For his 13th birthday, they'll allow him to be known as "Medium-sized Ethan."

Actually, I feel sorry for him because he's played by such a dull child actor.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Melanie C said...

I still don't get why Alistair married Theresa in the first place, considering she's not white or rich.
As for Little Ethan being a bad actor, it's a soap, what do you expect? Many child actors I've seen are less than great, too.
I think the only reason they call him Little Ethan is to differentiate. But I think it wouldn't sound so silly if they called him Ethan Martin.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Site Counter

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.