Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Catching Up Is Easy


Well, getting back into "Passions" after my hiatus was easier than I thought it would be. The writers anticipated my busy time and kindly had nothing happen during my absence.

If anything did happen, I couldn't tell. Okay, Fancy and Noah are together now and they weren't before, but that's not all that compelling. I find myself unable to care whether they end up together or not.

What did bother me was the Ethan-is-a-vegetable plot. It seems like a cheap way to exploit a difficult issue, and I can't help feeling like Theresa will end up the hero here, although what she's doing is immoral. It wasn't easy for Ethan to make that living will, but he did so that he would spare his family any difficulties. It wasn't easy for Gwen to enforce it, but she's going to, to honor his request. But it's totally easy for Theresa to run around trying to fight Ethan and his family.

And because you know Ethan will come out of it, in one of those dramatic cures that only happens on soaps, Theresa will be the hero. It's cheapening an issue that's all too real for a lot of families.

I can't help laughing, though, whenever I see Ethan undressed in the bed, like a comatose Chippendale. Priorities.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cureboy said...

I'm still watching the Ethan's Living Will storyline because I am waiting for the following scene to take place:

EVE: "Oh my god. The scans do say Ethan is brain dead"

GWEN: "Noooooo!!"

THERESA: "Nooooo!!"

EVE: "Wait a second! These brain scans were taken *before* he ate the poisoned dip"

12:07 AM  
Blogger Harmony Troy said...

That's hilarious, Cureboy. Yes, Ethan in a coma isn't all that different from Ethan normally.

You've got to feel bad for the actor. You know he's just lying there thinking about all the great work he's not doing.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Site Counter

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.