Thursday, September 22, 2005

Making an Investment


So I’m watching “Passions” and Eve and Julian are worried that Eve will have to live the rest of her life behind bars. (What a spectacular lawyer Ethan must be, that he might lose a triple-attempted murder case in which there’s literally no evidence against his client). And it hits me that I don’t care if Eve loses. I don’t really care about her.

Don’t get me wrong: I like her character and I think the actress who plays her does a good job. But I’m not emotionally invested in her. I don’t feel for her.

Then I asked myself what characters I was invested in. None of the boring Bennetts, for sure, and none of the Lopez-Fitzgeralds. Sheridan and Ethan are nice, but I don’t mind when they suffer. The Russells have always been underwritten and drab.

In the end, I realized that there are two characters on the show I care about. There’s Tabitha, for one. With her sly humor and the excellent performance of Juliet Mills, she’s one of the best things about the show. And the other is Endora. What a little peach she is! If Julian tries to take her away, I’ll be pretty upset.

Write in and tell me what characters you’re invested in. And does it even matter how much we connect with them? The fun of “Passions” is the silly plots, after all, not the incredible characters.

3 Comments:

Blogger sparklefluff said...

I know you won't agree, but I care about Theresa.

And I totally agree about Tabitha and Endora. Endora is so darn cute!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Harmony Troy said...

Hey, I can't disagree -- it's your opinion. It's cool, I wanted to hear people's different thoughts. Glad we both like Endora. She's the cutest TV tot since the Olson twins were infants.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theresa!(LOL)Fox too. When he found out about Whitney putting they're son up for adoption i felt so bad. Then when he found out Miles was'nt his son, i felt even worse for him. As for Theresa, she's always miserable, and i cant help but feel bad for her everytime. I'm definetly very invested in Theresa and Fox. Endora is adorable but she has it good and so does Tabby. The only time Tabitha's upset is when other people are happy, lol.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Site Counter

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.