Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Heaven's Gate


Hey everybody -- I'm back from my trip. Thanks for all your notes and good wishes. It's gratifying to hear how many of you were missing my daily "Passions" post.

I quickly scanned through the whole tsunami thing, so the full ridiculousness didn't really hit me. It looked funny in fast motion, that's all I know.

But the disaster sure has deposited us in unexpected territory. Ethan got caught, by his wife, with Teresa. Ouch! Chad and Whitney are drawn together. Whoa, where'd that come from?

Forgive me, but I did love the image of Martin and Katherine riding Rachel's coffin into the Lopez-Fitzgerald living room, and then Rachel going all Jack-in-the-box on us. Thank goodness Rebecca came along to make fun of the incredibly silly tableau. Why does the show try to play things like that straight? Makes me wish "Passions" knew how to do camp. How can you do something like that and not do a little camp?

By the way, I know this is an old question, but did the show ever explain how Sheridan saw her mother at Heaven's gate all those times she nearly died? Back then, we thought that Katherine really was dead. I guess the writers did, too. Now that we know she was alive the whole time, did they ever explain away those scenes? Let me know, because I missed it, if so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Web Site Counter

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.